Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Works in Progress

 So, I have been doing a bit of sewing.  Yessiree...finished a bunch of blocks yesterday and have more cut for today.  I am using my Verna fabric.  It is a gorgeous line.  I hate to cut it, frankly.  Beautiful. 

I am using this pattern, Elsie and Paige Sisters Forever.  I was inspired to buy it by these quilts here.  (I particularly love that Strawberry Fields version in photo #2.)  You can grab yourself a copy here.  I think it is a nice pattern because the directions are concise.  There are nice diagrams.  It seems to go pretty fast.  And, there are multiple ways of doing quilts in here.  I love choices, don't you?




 Here is my favorite work in progress right here.  Isn't he a handsome guy?  I think that tooth that is missing just completes things, don't you?  He was a junior host at the wedding.  He passed out the programs.  Did a great job too.  As soon as the service started, I was told he looked at his grammie and said, "Grammie, get this flower off me now."  LOL.  You know, flowers are for girls. 

11 comments:

Needled Mom said...

What a cute little guy! Love the missing tooth stage in their lives.

The quilt is going to be gorgeous. I love your fabric.

Carol said...

OMG! He is growing up so fast! What a sweetie!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Handsome boy that Buddy is! Punk is patiently waiting for her first loose tooth. Nothing yet. LOVE the quilt. It's going to look awesome!

joan said...

Buddy has grown so much.. He is a cutie. I bet he would prefer to be described as handsome... I too love the Verna line. I only have a few pieces left and I am hoarding it rather than using it. What is up with that? Only a quilter would understand:)
Love the pattern..

Cheryl said...

I can't beliee how big Buddy is...so handsome for sure!!!Love the quilt.

Kim said...

Buddy is adorable. That pattern looks like fun and your Verna fabrics are beautiful. I can't seem to cut into my 30's fabrics either but will have to shortly to finish a quilt.

Allie said...

Beautiful fabrics and quilt - good for you! Buddy is getting SO BIG, oh my gosh, love the missing tooth, perfect for a straw, lol. Such a handsome guy!

Anonymous said...

I love the quilt. Carly makes the most beautiful patterns. Quite the cute wedding helper too : )

Michelle said...

Yes, he is HANDSOME!

Michele said...

Your quilt in progress is looking good :-) the little guy is a cutie!

Jenniffier said...

That quilt is going to look great!