Wednesday, July 27, 2011

This may just be my favorite yet...

Top is done.  Specifics here in case you missed them.  I had a major debate with myself whether to leave it as the original pattern states or add the the white border.  After I added the white border the question was whether to add a scrappy border with another white border like I did on my pinwheel sampler, to add the blue border, or to stop.  Well, you can see the blue one and I am glad.  I think it looks nice.  I just wanted it a bit bigger than the original dimensions.  I could have just added some more blocks, too.  I love that this pattern is so versatile.  I really do like the pattern, and plan on using it again soon.

I love this quilt and all of its Verna goodness.  Bless you Kate Spain.

When I was debating, I laid the quilt out on Buddy's new bed and called him in for his opinion.  He had a strange look on his face and he said, " Wow, I didn't see the flowers coming."  That made me laugh.  I told him..."The quilt isn't for you or your bed."  That was quite a relief to him.  LOL.  He didn't help my decision at all.

16 comments:

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

I absolutely love these colors...so pretty! I am a real border person, I think they really finish off the quilt top. Perfect...love it!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

It's a beauty, Kris! I love how it show off the fabric. Well done!

joan said...

I love it! But I ageree it would not fit well with Buddy "Big Boy" theme.
You did a beautiful job and gave me an idea to use my Verna

Christine said...

I love your quilt ... so pretty and fresh looking.

Dianne Mitzel said...

I love this quilt, the fabrics are wonderful!! The border sets off the colors, and gives it the ideal finish...you did a super job!

Allie said...

This is just lovely! The colors are wonderful and I really like the pattern - excellent choice on the borders!

carol fun said...

Beautiful quilt - I love this combination of pattern and fabric and that collection is one of my favorites! You did a great job on this!

Carol said...

He was thinking that he so doesn't do flowers. Funny kid. Love your quilt. What pattern did you use?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love the border the way you did it. Just perfect. And too funny about the "flowers" comment.

Mary Anne Drury said...

I L O V E this quilt !!!! You did a BEAUTIFUL job !!!! (but you always do !!!)

Barb said...

Your quilt turned out just wonderful!

Karen said...

This quilt turned out awesome. I love the colors, blocks, borders. You did a wonderful job!

Cheryl said...

I just love that quilt!! Great fabric and the perfect pattern. That Buddy....how funny!

Anonymous said...

Hello guys,

Would you like to watch Spy Kids 4: All the Time in the World? It is not released yet but you can watch it online already!

Click here to [url=http://watch-spykids4allthetimeintheworld-online.com/]watch Spy Kids 4[/url]

Grethe said...

Love the colours of your quilt:-)
Like the fabrics in the bag for your Mum,I am sure she thinks it is super!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

It's gorgeous! I have a jelly roll of white strips. Might try this design.