Sunday, July 3, 2011

Saturday doings

Well, I actually had a really successful day of sewing. 

First I'd like to report that I quilted and sewed my binding on my Sweat Pea Make Life Quilt.  Where's the picture you ask?  Well....I still have to hand tack the binding down.  But, just as soon as I do...I promise you a picture.

As if that was not enough for one day!  What now, you ask?  Well, I am throwing a little Bridal Brunch at my house in a couple of weeks for my gal pal.  She loves cherries.  So, I made this cute runner last night.  I thought I would have it out at the brunch, and gift it to her at the end.





Have you ever made this pattern?  It is a great one.  Quick.  Plus, no binding!  When you are done following the quilting instructions, you are done.  I made my dimensions different...it called for 8 X 8.  I did 3 X 6.  I have done it with a charm pack before.  Click here to see the different colorway.  Now I have to wash it a couple of times to give it that rag quilt effect that makes it super cute.  I want to get some Shout color catchers before I do that. 

While I am at all of this sharing, look at this fabulous giant pincushion that my friend Judy sent me for my sewing room!  It is 2 sided even.  I love Bliss.  Cannot wait for Ruby to be released.  Thanks, Judy!

Last week, I also made these pouches using a pattern by Amy Butler.  They were a snap to make, I just happen to think the other ones are cuter. 


In other news....it has been hot around here.  But, we've been beating the heat. 





Unfortunately, this is hard to see...but you can trust me that in this photo Buddy has a python wrapped around his neck and his friends shoulders.  I thought I would surely pass out watching it.

8 comments:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I have that runner pattern. ;) I have yet to make it. Maybe I should bust it out and give it a try. I like your 3x6 layout. Would be good on my china hutch. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Rain coming today. Tomorrow should be nice...

Anonymous said...

A python! I would have cried at the sight. What a brave mom you are. I think your little runner is darling. A nice calming influence before the snake unveiling.

Cheryl said...

I can't wait to see your quilt. That runner is stinkin' cute. I will be buying that pattern. That Buddy is a brave one...sweet smile on his face..yes I would have pased out too!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

What a cute runner/gift Kris! Enjoy the "cooler" weather!

Needled Mom said...

What a sweet little runner (and gift).

Yuck to the snake!!!!

Kim said...

The runner is pretty. It's nice not to skip the binding. You've got alot done. It's been pretty hot in So. Cal also, but always happy to be here.

Cheryl said...

Me again...and yes I did order that pattern thanks to your pretty runner!!

Allie said...

Yay for successful sewing days! What a darling runner - she'll LOVE it. And what a great pincushion from your friend! Love your little pouches too.

Cute pic with the ice cream, now I want some. But Kris....a python....OH MY GOODNESS. That's just horrifying!