Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A New Purse

So, I have had this bag cut out for over a year and finally got around to finishing it whipped up this bag the other day and gifted it to my mom for helping me get ready for the Bridal Brunch I was throwing.  She really liked it.  The fabric is from Urban Chicks 1974 fabric collection.  I wish they would come out with another collection similar to this one because I loved it.  The bag is by Quilts Illustrated and is called Camilles Bag.  I have made it before and you can see those color ways here

More details about the brunch, including recipes tomorrow. 

Also in the "must share" department, I did pick up some charms...

Sherbit Pips (How did I ever live without you?)


Ruby (Oh, I do think I will be buying a bit more of you, missy!) (Oh, and I picked them up at Emerald City Fabrics...but they only have 1 left.)

Finally, I want to thank LeAnn for this adorable bag pattern that I won.  Love it!  Can't believe I hadn't already picked this little gem up because it looks just like something I would "have to have".  Thanks, LeAnn.  If you haven't ever been to LeAnn's blog, you should head straight on over there for some beautiful quilts, inspiration, not to mention that LeAnn is a very sweet and sincere person to get to know.


9 comments:

Needled Mom said...

It's a great bag and I love the fabric too.

Maria said...

I agree with Mary.
Great bag and fabrics.
looking forward to seeing you make up your new bag pattern

Allie said...

I LOVE that bag - and I think I have some of the inside print, lol! Love the Ruby charms. Congrats on your darling win!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Nice bag! I love 1974 collection myself. I've been hoarding a charm pack and some yardage. Only 1 charm pack. Can't do much with it but I'm sure I'll find something to make. Even if it's a simple patchwork wall hanging. NICE bag pattern. Make it up quick so that I can see it. LOL! Can't wait to see how the brunch was.

Wendy said...

Wonderful bag!! And really enjoy your shares .... what joy :) I'm feeling at the moment that it may take me a year to make another bag at the rate I'm going ... however, I'm assuring myself that one of these days I'll find the right rhythm of work, kids, home and sewing ... I have to!! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the nice words. That was a bright spot in my day! I love the red bag. What a beauty!

Carol said...

You make the BEST bags! It's wonderful! Can't wait to see what Sherbet Pips grows into.

Sinta Renee said...

I have made a couple of the Camille Bags, and I love that pattern! Looks like you got some nice fabric to play with- what will you make next???

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Lucky Mom! The bag is gorgeous. Congrats on the finish. And those charms. Ummmmm.