Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Here Comes Goodbye

One of my very dear friends from work is leaving us for a new and exciting opportunity.  While I am of course very excited for her, I will miss her very much.  I stumbled upon this fabric tutorial from The Cottage Home.  Great directions.  Easy project to make.  I added a little extra stabelizer and found it more difficult to get share corners, so next time I won't and I think it will be quite sturdy anyway.  This is my first time working with canvas.  What a great use for some scraps.

11 comments:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Oh I like that. Good gift for my santa sack swap partner. Adding to the list....

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

What a sweet gift - I'm sure she'll remember you.

Kim said...

This is so pretty. Thanks for the link. I am going to have to make some.

Michelle said...

That is a sweet gift!

Carol said...

I lve that Kris. Thanks for the link for the tutorial, I want to make one now. I like that it uses a hair elastic, easy to find and the color can match as well.

Terry said...

That's a great gift! She'll love it! :0)

MaryAnnB said...

Another nice idea for gifts, thanks again for sharing and posting the link!

Needled Mom said...

Bummer!!!! I am sure it is good for her, but not for you.

I know she will love that great gift. There is nothing that speaks from the heart like a lovely homemade gift.

Mary said...

Love the notebook. What a cute going away gift. Good idea.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Very cute! What a wonderful gift~ thanks for the link! :-)

Karin said...

Thats a great gift - I´m sure you colleague will love it. Thanks for the link!