Monday, May 3, 2010

Sunday Sewing- Pinwheel Quilt Along

I was 4 blocks behind.  I made 2 of these first, and then I decided I really liked this block and I made 2 more. (I see there is a flick or red scrap on that green pinwheel...not a stain I promise.) I think making 4 of these helped even out the effect of the border throughout the quilt.  It brought a little unity.  I like how these all look together.  Hopefully I will get them sashed soon.  But, it may have to wait until summer vacation as we are keeping pretty busy these days.  What'd you work on over the weekend?

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Pinwheels are one of my favorite blocks! Yours are looking fantastic! Love how they turned out!

Regi said...

I really like how they turned out... they look awesome!

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- that's going to be a cute quilt. I love those blocks!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

It's going to look fantastic! I love it. Now I need to get cracking and finish mine!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Very pretty! It is going to be such a cheerful quilt! :-)

Allie said...

That is darling!!!! What a happy quilt!

Needled Mom said...

That was my favorite block too. I would like to have a whole quilt done in that block.

Michelle said...

Those are just BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to see it completed!

Sheri Howard said...

That is going to be so GREAT! Keep going!

Jonathan said...

Love your blocks! I am making more than Rachel's calls for since I want mine bigger. I may need to make more of that block too. It's really pretty! ☺

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Very pretty Kris! I'm finally working on my Hope Valley quilt which I haven't touched since my retreat!

Carol said...

It's wonderful...what a great quilt!

SUPERQUILTER said...

I like it, I like it.

Terry said...

Your blocks look great! Love the colors! :0)

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Oh I want to know how to quilt??? You do a great job.

Thanks for stopping by and entering the giveaway. Good Luck!

Larissa

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

So very pretty, Kris! I love all of your pinwheels!

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

Great pinwheels! I really like this block:)

Millie said...

Wow..those pinwheel blocks are beautiful.