Saturday, May 22, 2010

The mail is here!

So, I tried a different online shop, The Quilted Castle.  I actually found it a couple of weeks ago and signed up to get their newsletters.  I must say I had a great first time shopping experience with them.  They had several fabrics on sale that I have been eyeing. 

First up is Timber, isn't this pretty?  It will  make a great bag.  It is on sale for $6.50 a yard.  You can't beat that!

Next up is Love by Amy Butler.  Also, probably for a bag.  It is on sale for $7.60. 


Then I picked up Modern Meadow by Joel Dewberry (I've had my eye on this for a while.  It was $8.25 a yard.  Again I thought it was quite reasonable.

I also picked up some Hunky Dory (how long have I wanted that?) along with this new purse pattern, isn't it cute?  I have had my eye on it for a while as well.  It might have been their last copy though.


Perhaps my favorite part of the shopping trip was the fact that I thought I spent enough for $10 shipping, but when my package arrived they had managed to fit it in a $5.00 envelope and they credited me the differenced.  I really appreciated that.  If you haven't checked out The Quilted Cottage, I think you'd be quite pleased with their service.

8 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I've shopped with the Quilted Castle too Kris and agree they are a great shop.
Love everything you bought!

Allie said...

Gorgeous fabrics - great prices! Love the bag pattern!

Jonathan said...

Beautiful fabrics! I'm off to check out the shop ☺

Karen said...

I like it when you get a credit on shipping. Some sites charge way over cost. It is pleasant to have a shop treat you the way you were treated.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

You did good!! Those are some great bag fabrics for sure! I love the "Love". Green and purple. Great combination.

Linda in Calif. said...

Ooh lala!! Those are really cool fabrics! Thanks for the suggestion of shopping at Quilted Castle I'll check them out. Oh great prices too!

Anonymous said...

Those are really pretty fabrics. I have shopped at Quilted Castle before and the prices were good and it was shipped fast to my house.

prashant said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.