Thursday, March 3, 2011

For my pincushion swap partner


Giant Pincushions
I have to tell you ladies, I am enjoying this swap!  I sent my partner, Sinta, the pink and green pincushion you see above.  I decided to make these Giant Pincushions.  You can find the link here to the tutorial by Julie of JayBird Quilts.  What a great pattern!  So easy to follow and I just love the size of these babies.  I also sent Sinta the bag in the picture below that coordinates with her pincushion.

And just for the fun of it, I sent our dear Kelly the yellow and blue pincushion and bag.  Kelly is such a dear friend to me, I thought she deserved a little surprise in the mail. 

The extra pincushion, I made for my mom.  Mom seems to be missing her pincushion.  So, this is going to be a little birthday present for her.

I really enjoyed making both of these projects and would recommend both to both expert quilters and beginning quilters alike. 

I have heard from 1 other participant that they shipped.  Don't forget to let me know!  The deadline to ship is March 26th.

15 comments:

carol fun said...

What wonderful pincushions! I wish I had known about this exchange since I am crazy about pincushions - I will enjoy seeing all of the pretties that get exchanged - thanks for sharing!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Cute stuff Kris and lucky partner Stina!

A mom said...

Kris, can you email me my pincushion swap partner info again? Somehow it is gone. Thanks Jo Anna

Carol said...

Very, very cute!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I filled my pin cushion with the walnut shells and it can be used as a door stop! Dang! Is it ever heavy! I hope to have mine out the door by next weekend. Give or take a day. Yours came out so cute; but I already told you that. :)

Maria said...

I am sure the recipents of your beautiful pincushions and bags will be delighted.

Michele said...

Beautiful pincushions and bags! You have lucky friends :-)

Allie said...

Those are such pretty pincushions - love the bags too!

Sinta Renee said...

I love my pincushion and the bag you made with the wonderful jewel closure! Thanks so much... and it's so fun to know that Kelly got a little surprise from you too! You are so sweet!

Thimbleanna said...

Those are such cute projects -- I LOVE giant pincushions!!!

Cheryl said...

Those pincushions are WONDERFUL!!! Mine is in the cutout stage with a worday to follow this week!

Mary Anne Drury said...

Such cute projects !!! (but then again you ALWAYS make cute stuff!!!)
P.S. thanks for the blog visit and nice comment !!

Barb said...

I so love your pincushions and purses...the colors are so fun.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Love those pincushions and bags. So colorful and cute.

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Oh Kris - the pincushions and bags are just wonderful - I so heart both of mine! Already used my sweet bag on our trip - and am using the pincushion too! You're such a dear friend - I'm so grateful to know you, Kris!!!