Thursday, March 24, 2011

Easy Peruvian Roasted Chicken Recipe

This is an easy to make recipe that is always a big hit with the guys in my house. I love it, too.




Ingredients:

6-8 pieces of chicken with skin and bone (I doubled this recipe when I made it this time.)
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp grated ginger
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
6 cloves of garlic chopped
1/2 c white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar (I used the second this time)
kosher salt and pepper

Mix all ingredients in a large ziploc bag. Marinade the chicken for at least 4 hours (I like to do it for the entire day).



Place the chicken in a sprayed cassrole dish. Bake at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes. (I use a thermometer to tell when it is done). Do not cover. Discard the marinade.


My guys fight over the drumsticks, so that is all I make anymore. You can use any piece of chicken.
Sorry....forgot to take a picture of the finished chicken. LOL. You have to be quick around here.

I think you will like this dish though. I usually serve it with this orzo recipe and some roasted zucchini. Delicious. It is everyone's favorite side.

4 comments:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Thank you!! I will be making this. Soon!

Christina D said...

I have all the ingredients and I love
to try new recipes! Thank you.

Rose said...

I need to bookmark a bunch of recipes...this sounds like something my older daughter would like...think I would too...and i may try it on Roger some day.

picabo said...

Had to make it...it was very good!! I used chicken thighs.