Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Booming Aprons Halloween in July Apron Swap

So, as I have mentioned before that I also made an apron for Booming Aprons Halloween in July Apron Swap. My partner was Irma. Here is a picture of my reversible Church Lady Apron that I made for her. My mom says these apron pictures do no do justice to the aprons and that I need to get a model. I apologize and I will try to do that next time. For one thing, you cannot see the cute overlapping pockets.

As you can see, I monogrammed Irma's initials on it and I love how it turned out. I love the font I chose, and the location. From now on, when I make this pattern, I will monogram on the leg. I just think it is darling.

I also sent along this cute little towel I whipped up.

It was a snap. I used scraps leftover from apron. I cut two 3 inch X 4.5 rectangles out of each fabric (4 total). I sewed them end to end, alternating the material. Then I folded the edges over a quarter of an inch on all 4 sides. I lined it up on a kitchen towel and sewed it on the top edge all the way around and then stitched in the 3 ditches. Lastly, I added a row of ric rac. It turned out super cute and it is a good use of scraps. I will be making lots of them for Christmas presents.

This little guy turn 4 today.

It is so hard to believe he is 4 already. I just love him to pieces. We had a fun birthday party over the weekend. He is modeling a new raincoat, boots, and umbrella that my mom bought him. Isn't he sweet?? It is a raincoat, but it has a liner in it so I hope he wears it a lot. On the backside, is a fireman's logo and the boots match.

5 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

I love the apron - I guess I'm going to have to break down and get that pattern. :) And the little guy is just a doll - there's just something about little boys. Blessings, marlene

Thimbleanna said...

OHMYGOSH you better get that umbrella down indoors -- dontcha know it's bad luck ROFLOL!!! At least that's what my mom always told me. Happy Birthday to your little guy. Those aprons are really cute!

Dawn said...

Happy, happy birthday to your handsome, little fireman!

Your aprons are gorgeous...yes, I'd like the second one pictured.

And tell me if you do get a dress-form type of thing to display your aprons, etc... I would love to get something, but man, they can be costly. Let me know what you come up with.

Enjoy that birthday cake.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your son looks so cute in his jacket! My son turns 14 this week - it only seems like yesterday he loved to dress up. I love your apron - great idea to add the monogramming. Do you have an embroidery machine, if so any recommendations would be appreciated -it is on my wish list :)!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

He is adorable. But as Anna said It's bad luck to have it open indoors. Momma was wrong about that right???