Sunday, December 26, 2010

Some Late Night Christmas Sewing

Did you have a nice Christmas?  We surely did.  We attended a lovely Christmas Eve service at Church...just lovely.  Then we woke up to open presents on Christmas Day, much to Buddy's delight.  That Santa fellow sure treated him well. Then we were off for a bit of a drive, and a nice family dinner.


When we got home, the house was pretty quiet.  I wandered into my clean sewing room and actually felt like doing a bit of sewing.  So, at first...I was just going to read the pattern for the half apron.  Then I was just going to cut my pieces.  But, then I ended up getting quite a bit of sewing done.  I did end up altering the pattern a bit, I just was not up to learning a new applique pattern that late....but I still like it.  I am not sure I have enough material for bias tape.  If that is the case, it will not get done today and I will have to order some material.  But I have enough of it done, that I think you can see what I have been up to.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you had a great Christmas!! Don't you just love when you go into the sewing room, not really intending to do anything, but produce something so beautiful? I love those days.

Carol said...

What a cute apron, I love it. I know, sometimes you get on a roll with the sewing and get much accomplished. Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Oh Kris that is adorable!!!!! I love it.
I'm glad you had a happy Christmas.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Very nice late night sewing Kris!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Oh that is an adorable apron, Kris. Very cute!! Merry Christmas!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Oh Kris - your little guy looks so happy! I'm so glad you all had a great Christmas! And, I LOVE that apron! Love the scallops and the strips - VERY CUTE!!

Allie said...

So glad you had a happy and safe Christmas - love your little apron, those scallops are too sweet!

Brynwood Needleworks said...

I love your apron fabrics. It's going to be adorable!
Hope your holidays are just wonderful.
xoxo
Donna

Heartsdesire said...

A very pretty apron. Such soft colours, and I love the scallops. Sometimes, when it's quiet, late night sewing can accomplish a lot.

Needled Mom said...

It sounds like a wonderful Christmas. I love seeing the big smile!!!

Your quiet time in the sewing studio turned out to be very productive. Bet it was a great feeling too.