Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sewing on a Snowy Day- Part 1

Did you catch that part 1?  Yes, I think I might actually have multiple posts today.  I started staring at these 2.5 scraps left over from my hanky quilt.  I thought I must be able to do something cute with these, since I had quite a few.  So I made this cute little table topper or mini quilt for the wall.  I just have the top done, but I really like it so far. It is about 20 inch square.


It is really snowing and blowing here.  We are in a major storm watch and are supposed to get up to 9 inches today.  What are you working on today?

11 comments:

Darlene said...

Stay warm and stay safe! Very cute project.

MWalker said...

Lovely! What a nice decor for Christmas.

Today I'm cutting out pieces for a new quilt. I just finished my 2nd ever, so I'm basking in the afterglow of a successful job.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

It's very cute Kris! I have to finish some gifts and make something for ME!

Tine said...

That is really cute! I would like to make some table toppers too, it just never seems to happen.

I am working on a quilt for my parents. I want it to be ready for Christmas, but I am stuck trying to figure out how to quilt it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. It's on my blog ;)

John'aLee said...

Oh what a happy Christmas quilt block. Great work!

Wonky Girl said...

Very colorful fabrics in the block, I like it :)
Today is 68 degrees of sunshine so I'm outside enjoying this break in our cold windy weather.
Stay warm!

Marcia W. said...

The little quilt is so cute. Hope you feel better. I was ill during the time you posted the giveaway - I'm just now starting to feel human. Take care.

Allie said...

That is so cute! And the perfect thing to do on a snowy day. We've had about 5 inches so far, more to come tonight - that's not what worries me - it's the bitter cold that's coming, brrr! Stay warm!

Maria said...

Thank ou for sharing. Pretty Christmas colours.
Stay Warm.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Cute! cute! You're getting slammed with snow. No good. We got a TON of rain yesterday. If it were snow, we would have been in BIG trouble. Stay warm!!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

How cute is that? And all from scraps, too! WOW - you've got a blizzard going! Great time to sew - stay warm!