Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Finally caught up


Not perfect, but what's new with that?  Nothing.  I worked a long time on both of these blocks, which for some reason did not want to come together easily for me.  Oh well.  They are done. 



In other news, here is an interesting conversation I had with the boy today.  The boy thinks his dog is constantly trying to bite him.  Mind you, this dog is a lickerI know, Fantastic.  I have yet to see the dog try to bite the boy.  I have seen him lick him like everyone else.  So the conversation goes like this (after the dog has been corrected for biting by the boy for about the 20th time this morning). 
Me:  Boy, stop correcting the dog.  He is not biting you.  He just wants to give you some kisses.  
Boy:  No, he is trying to bite me.
Me:  No, he isn't.  He doesn't bite.  I have never seen him try to bite you.  He doesn't ever try to bite me when I am putting on his leash.  He just licks me.
Boy:  Well, must be you aren't as tasty to him as I am.

How can you argue with that logic??   Look at that face...would he hurt you? I think not, and this is coming from his least favorite fan in the house.

13 comments:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

LOL! Buddy! You are a wise, wise little boy! But I agree. That face wouldn't hurt a fly.

Your blocks came out great despite the troubles you had. I need to get cracking and get my block 8 done.

Maria said...

Your blocks look great.

No that face would not bite anyone.

Dresden Quilter said...

I love your blocks.

Michelle said...

Your blocks look great.

What a cutie!!!

Needled Mom said...

Your fabrics look wonderful in the blocks. Bet it feels good to be all caught up.

No sense arguing that conversation.

Little Lady Patchwork said...

Cute story! You might not be tasty but you are a real sweetheart!

XOXO,
Stefanie

Kim D. said...

Oh, your blocks are beautiful, love your fabric choices. What a sweet little puppy face and a cute story.

Thimbleanna said...

Hahaha -- Buddy's got you there -- I'm thinking little boys definitely taste better than us moms. Love the blocks -- especially that first one!

Gale, Ky quilter said...

Your blocks are so pretty! And, love the puppy dog. No - he looks harmless to me.

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Thanks for the giggle - sorry you're just not so tasty Mom!! Your blocks look GREAT! Love them in that fabric!

SheilaC said...

Your dog looks like a sweetie :)

And I love your blocks, I still have to get that last one done, not too sure about it so I have been procrastinating with it....

SheilaC

Sandy said...

Your dog story is sooooo cute - Austrian shepherds are good herders. My daughter has one and he is always herding trees in the front yard.!! And is pleasant to the 2 year old baby girl, he likes to lick her too but he's never tried to hurt her. My daughter has two of them and they are the most passive, lovable dogs.

Sinta Renee said...

Too cute! That is such a funny story! I just love that face- he looks as innocent as can be!