Thursday, September 3, 2009

Charming Girls Club mini quilt swap



Kelly asked if I would organize the mini quilt swap, since several of you expressed interest in it. I am so excited, girls, this is going to be fun.

Here are the requirements:
1. You must be a Charming Girls Club member to participate. There is still time to sign up for that club (you have until the 7th), if you want to join in the fun.
2. Create a mini-quilt. For our purposes, we will define that as anything under 45 inches in width or length.
3. Send it to your partner by Saturday Oct. 31st. Please only sign up if you feel you can make the deadline. No one enjoys not receiving a swap package when they put a lot of effort into theirs. If an emergency happens, be kind and let your swap partner know when you feel they can expect to receive their package.
4. After you have received your package, please email or snail mail your partner a letter thanking them.
5. Have fun.

If you are interested, email me this information:

1. First and Last name (I will not post last names on my blog.)
2. Your postal address.
3. Any likes or dislikes such as color or what you might be looking to do with your quilt like hang it in a particular room or put it on your table.
4. Your blog address (if you have one, it is not a requirement)
5. Your email address.

My email address is available in my blog profile. Feel free to email with any questions.

The deadline to sign up is Friday, September 11, 2009. I will send out partner information on the 12th!


I know several of you have joined in the Schnibbles fun. You might be able to do a 2-for-1 here, and use one of your Schnibbles patterns. I hope you consider joining the swap! It will be lots of fun.

Happy sewing!!

Editor's comments: Peg- I do no have an email address for you or anyway to reply, so please email me.

12 comments:

Allie said...

That sounds so fun - I'm just not up to any challenges this month, unfortunately! Have fun!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

This is going to be SEW FUN! Thank you, thank you for hosting! I'm off to e-mail you my info right now!

joan said...

More fun for the Charming Girls .. it gets better and better. You'll be hearing from me in the next little while via
e-mail. Thanks Kris for doing this. I'm just as excited to have Kelly on board as I am of the swap!

Carol said...

Hi Kris, I sent you a email yesterday signing up for this Mini Quilt Swap. I think it will be fun.

Peggy said...

can i join too? what to i have to do to sign up with the Charming quilts club?

Esther said...

Count me in as this sounds like a lot of fun! I'm off to e-mail you my info now.

Cora said...

Count me in too! I'd be happy to participate in the mini quilt swap.
www.acraftymoment.com

Cheryl said...

Boy I am so tempted to join, but we are going to be gone so much in the next few weeks. I will be excited to see what everyone does. Nice of you to organize this swap!

Michelle said...

It sounds like FUN! I'm in! I will be emailing you my information shortly. : )

CJ said...

I was almost ready to sign up for this, sounds like so much fun BUT then I found out the dates of a charity auction I like to take part in and that will take my time and attention. Maybe another time. I can't wait to see what everyone makes though. :D

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

I would love to sign up but am hesitant as I had a really bad experience with a little quilt swap last year...yours does sound like so much fun! I am definately going to sign up to be one of the "Charming Girls" though, good luck, Hugs, Mary

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

Are you going to do another one in the near future???? I would love to join in, Hugs Mary