Monday, May 26, 2008

Blitzing Out Some Birthday Presents

Attention, Attention! The monkeys are in the building. Oh yeah, the monkey quilt is back from the quilter. I even finished the binding lickity split...just a little banana humor for you bloggals.





I was delighted with her attention to details. Perhaps you can better see the monkeys and bananas she stitched all over it, if I show you the back.






How cool is that? I think the Director would like it on our next quilt! LOL. Just kidding.






My nephew, David, loves the color orange, hence the orangeness. Wow, it is bright....that's is all I can say. I just love this basket weave pattern and monkey border. It is so cheerful. I think it is my favorite, at least this week. Truthfully, I am a bit sad to part with it. I decided to make both of my nephews quilts for the their birthdays this year because I wasn't quilting when they were born, or a definitely would have made both of them one then. They are both special guys and they deserve something special made by their aunt.




I decided to whip up a towel apron with the new machine for him, as well. Below is buddy modeling it. Please note that David is not buddy's name. ;) He is pretty excited though.

I folded up the bottom of the towel which I also embroidered orange trim on, to make 4 pockets. Pockets are exciting to a 3 year old. Hey, let's face it- pockets must be exciting to a 31 year old, or I wouldn't be mentioning it either.



6 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

You need to post a warning when you're going to show such cuteness! That monkey quilting is just perfect for your quilt!

Nicole said...

That is some cute little monkey modeling the apron! What a doll.

StitchinByTheLake said...

I love the monkey quilt! I have a friend who has a monkey named Katie and she would really like this (my friend, not Katie since Katie probably wouldn't recognize it). :)

Cathie said...

Monkey quilting! I love it! That was inspired!

The dishtowel apron is wonderful. I think pockets are pretty darned cool no matter how old we get.

I love your blog! Thanks for sharing with us!

Cath

Miss Jean said...

That is the CUTEST little guy modeling the apron!!!!!! ?Could you just squeeze the dickens out of him?

Mom IsAmagpie said...

I hopped over here fom Moonbeams in A Jar and had to comment. I love the monkey quilting that is a wonderful idea! I really love that apron you made too, I'm on cute overload now.