Sunday, June 24, 2012

Easy bricks quilt hometown edition

Summer is flying by isn't it? I have been busy working on a quilt for my son. Mind you, he picked out the pattern a year ago and I purchased the fabric about the same time. Sigh. Anyway, this is a super easy layer cake quilt from the website Moda Bake Shop. I increased the size a bit to fit this queen. 7 rows with 20 bricks each. If I had a box spring under the mattress, I would have increased it another 4 bricks at least. I used 2 layer cakes of Hometown by Sweetwater. I still need to press it. Off it goes to the long arm quilter....stay tuned! I will try to get a nice outdoor shot when I get it back.

4 comments:

Kim said...

The quilt looks great! I love the Hometown collection. The colors and prints are so pretty.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Looks great Kris! Kudos on getting it done!

Needled Mom said...

Beautiful and made out of some wonderful fabrics! Great choices.

Thimbleanna said...

That's a cute quilt Kris -- and it's BIG! Buddy's going to love it!