Sunday, November 7, 2010

Vintage Hankies and Kate Spain...could the world be any better?


On Saturday, my mom, our friend Judy, and I went to a Hanky quilt class.  It was just the 3 of us, and we had a very helpful teacher.  It was a great class and there were a lot of choices to choose from when making a quilt.  I had some vintage Christmas hankies from my grandma's house that I wanted to use.  They were pretty special to me and they really coordinated well with Kate Spain's 12 Days of Christmas. 

We were there from 10 - 4:30.  I almost had my quilt top done by the end of that because I made it smaller than the pattern called for.  I just wanted a wall hanging.  Now I just need to quilt it.  LOL.  Throw it on the pile, right? 

The shoppe had just expanded and added the most beautiful sewing space for classes with an attached kitchen, just perfect.  I wish I would have remembered my camera, of course. 

9 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Great way to display those gorgeous hankies Kris!

Wendy said...

What fun! Beautiful :)

Allie said...

That is soooooo pretty - I love it - I have a ton of hankies that I need to do something with, this is a great idea!

Needled Mom said...

That is just gorgeous!

Maria said...

What a great way to use the hankies.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

It's beautiful Kris! The 12 days compliments the hankies just great. You did a great job on this one. but DON'T throw it on the pile. Get it quilted and on the wall for this Christmas.

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Oh Kris - I love it! Really, it's so elegant! And, perfect for Christmas!! Sigh - I know - throw it on the pile for quilting right? But seriously - it's gorgeous!

Highland Monkey's said...

that's a brilliant way to use hankies. We did have a pile years ago but could never think what to do with them!

Karen said...

Creative use of those vintage hankies.