Wednesday, July 7, 2010

faq and something exciting in blogland

f.a.q.

I have had a lot of questions regarding the fabric in this picture.  It seems a lot you love that same retro goodness that I do.  Isn't it yummy?  Well gals, this fabric is called Early Bird by Cosmo Cricket for Andover Fabrics. 
Where can you find it, you ask?  While I was busy playing BINGO at In Stitches, the wonderful ladies there blogged about this new fabric they are carrying for $7.99 a yard.  So, I bought it up.  You can find it there.  If you look at the top of the home page at The Quilte Shoppe, you will also find a code for an extra 10% off your purchase right now.  It is very tempting. 

Since making my purchase, I also see that our dear friend Sharon, is carrying this same line at her shop, Daisy Cottage Quilting, so you can also find it there. 

In other news, have you heard about summer camp?  Pretty cool.  Lots of designers with cool tutorials featured.  Check it out!


Last, I would like to share a personal story with you. Picture it.  9 AM this morning.  Buddy and I are having a leisurely summer morning.  I am working on my first cup of coffee, my hair is spilling out of a pony tail, we are both still in pjs.  Buddy is watching cartoons, and I am doing a bit of blogging.  I hear the horn of our postal worker.  Great, don't I look lovely?   I bolt to the door, surely this is my package of fat quarters coming to make my day.  I run outside.  It is not fat quarters.  It is my husband's stupid Cabela's catalog.  You know, the big one in the hardback book that I will stub my toe on in the bathroom for the next year.  What a disappointment that was!  I'm sure the look on my face was priceless.  The poor postal lady probably was wondering what the crazy lady was scowling about.

6 comments:

Allie said...

I will have to look for that fabric, it's gorgeous! Oh your postal story is too funny - been there done that!

Michelle said...

I'm going to get some Early Bird for my stash...LOL! Thanks!

Oh, and thanks for the heads up about the Cabela book coming out!

Linda in Calif. said...

Oh too funny!! I'm sitting here at work laughing and people are looking at me. I do feel for you, what a disappointment to get a Cabela book!

Anonymous said...

LOL! My husband was so excited to tell me last week when I got home that his big Cabelas catalog was here. I can say it was on the bathroom floor for a few days.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Oh what a bummer!!! I would be upset too. I love my Early Bird fabrics too. They are lovely. :)

Thimbleanna said...

Ouch! Sorry about the postal disappointment. Just come back to your blog to look at that gorgeous fabric and it will cheer you right up!