Saturday, February 20, 2010

Pinwheel Sampler Quilt Along

Have you heard?  Rachel has posted the first block of the Pinwheel Sampler Quilt Along.  You should join in the fun.  Here is the link to the first block.  You actually make 2 of block one.

You can use a layer cake for the quilt along or fat quarters along with sashing yardage.  The quilt will be around a 70 inch square. 

Here are my two blocks! 
I am using the Boutique Layer Cake. This was a gift to me from my wonderful friend, Kelly. I am so excited to be using this fabric. It is going to be fabulous. I was pretty pleased with my first two blocks.  The red accent fabric looks a little odd here...it looks better in person.


So, what are you waiting for?  I KNOW you have some fabric stashed somewhere that you could use.  Join in the fun.  A special thanks to Rachel for all of her work on the Quilt Along.  I am having a fabulous time.

Don't forget to get in on the giveaway (previous post).  There is still time.

5 comments:

Loralynn said...

Love your blocks, they turned out awesomely!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

OH! I'm loving the block with the red. Love it. Your blocks came out great!

Allie said...

Those blocks are darling, this will be a lovely quilt!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Oh Kris -- what a temptress you are! I love your blocks -- and Boutique is going to be perfect for a fun pinwheel quilt! I'm fighting the temptation to jump in!!!

Michelle said...

Those are just lovely!